Quick Links Pick Your School Can't Find It?

Parents & Enrollment

Children are assigned schools based on their residence. To find your child´s school click on School Boundary Map. To enroll your child during the summer months, go to the School District Office at 111 North Montana. During the school year, go directly to the school your child will be attending.

You need to bring the following:

  • Copies of the child´s birth certificate
  • Immunization records
  • Parent, legal guardian, or legal custodian must be present at the time of enrollment.

Current list of immunizations required according to the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS).

  • Polio: 3 doses and at least 1 does after the 4th birthday.
  • DTP/DT/DtaP/Td: 4 doses and one dose must be given after the 4th birthday.
  • Tdap/booster: 1 dose (Prior to entering the 7th grade a pupil must receive a dose of Tdap containing vaccine. This Schedule applies to pupils who have completed the prior 4 doses listed above.)
  • MMR: Dose 1 on or after the first birthday and dose 2 prior to kindergarten entry. A pupil entering any grade from 7 to 12 who has not already received the 2 required doses at kindergarten age must receive the second dose.
  • Varicella: 2 doses prior to entering kindergarten.

The vaccines are available from your private health care provider or the Butte Silver Bow Health Department on an appointment only basis. Contact 497-5026

If a child has not completed the minimum vaccination series required by Montana Law, a Conditional Attendance Form, No. HES 103-1B should be completed and attached to the Blue immunization Form (HES-101). If the pupil received at least one or more doses of the required vaccine, he/she can conditionally attend until the next dose is due. In order to remain in school the student must continue to receive all remaining doses as specified on the conditional form. If the student fails to complete the immunizations within the time period indicated, he/she must either qualify for or claim an exemption or be excluded immediately from school by the school administrator or the person designee.

The school nurses ask that parents of 5th and 6th graders update their child's immunizations with a Tdap and MMR and have the documentation brought to, mailed, or faxed to your child's present school building.

Medical Exemptions

Parents need to have the back of the blue immunization form (HES 101) completed, and signed by a physician licensed to practice medicine in the United States or Canada, (MD or DO) specifying the reason and duration of the medical exemption.

Religious Exemptions
If immunizations are contrary to the religious beliefs of the parent or guardian a claim of exemption on religious grounds must be notarized each year on an affidavit provided by the Department of Public Health and Human Services.

Enrollment forms
A parent, legal guardian, or legal custodian must fill out the enrollment forms for each child. You can download these forms and fill out ahead of time or at the school

Student Handbooks

Student Handbooks outline the policies and procedures pertaining to student activities and responsibilities as set forth by the Board of Trustees of the Butte School District.

All students receive a Student Handbook at the beginning of each school year.

Copyright © 2017 - All Rights Reserved - ADA Compliance Information